We are a one-stop-shop restoration, design, construction and remodeling company that helps to reassure victims of disasters that things will be ok while making their space comfortable once again.
There is hardly a building detail Jacobs Ladder hasn’t designed, specified and/or built in both residential and commercial construction. Our project history ranges from ground-up new construction, renovation, remodeling, and specializes in building restoration contracting. Our team possesses a significant level experience and attention to detail so you are in good hands with the team at Jacobs Ladder.
Best of the Best 2016!
We are a KY based Restoration Company specializing in the repair of property damaged from: Hail, Wind, Fire & Flood.
Hugh Johnson, Assoc. A.I.A.
(CEO / Owner)
Building Consulting / Forensic Architecture
Hugh is recognized by his colleagues for having a superior building IQ, his accurate assessments of damage on both residential and commercial properties, as well as his reconstruction specifications to return properties to pre-loss condition.
Hugh is a seasoned construction professional and specializes in building forensic damage inspection. His career started while in the College of Architecture doing design and remodeling work as a means to support himself. It was during that time he learned not only the theoretical and professional aspects of Architecture, but acquired significant carpentry skills through various remodeling projects including; kitchens, baths, room additions, custom renovations as well as coordinating the design and building of complete residential dwellings from the ground up all while in school.
During this time he also attained several Design Awards from the College of Architecture, was a frequent recipient of the Deans List award for academic achievement, and a proud father.
Upon completion of the Architecture program, he acquired a position at one of the biggest Industrial/Commercial Design-Build firms in Lexington where he preformed; Field Engineering, Superintendent, and Project Management duties on multi-million dollar projects.
Key Experiences and Skills
- 5 year Professional Degree in Architecture (University of Kentucky)
- 2 years course work in Materials and Methods of Construction (Morehead State University)
- Commonwealth Schools of Insurance Certificate (Property and Causality)
- Insurance Claims and Restoration Contracting Specialist
- 25 years Design and Construction Experience
- $52 million in completed Design and Construction Projects
- $5 million in Architectural Product Sales
- Proven Design Leader
- Proven Project Manager
- Superior Carpentry and General Construction Skills
Amy Newman, L.R.I.A.
(CFO / Owner)
Estimator / Project Coordinator / Finance
Amy is here to answer all of your questions and hopefully ease the homeowner’s stress while navigating insurance claims and the subsequent restoration filing requirements.
Amy – a Licensed Insurance Adjuster – is the anchor of our restoration company. She manages job cost estimating, contractual review, insurance policy review, vendor accounts and overall accounting. Her background includes Property Management, Hurricane Disaster Inspections, Contract Administration and Vendor Accounting.
Amy analyzes every job to create our “Xact-Quote” estimate. She double-checks your settlement, dotting every “i” and crossing every “t” as she goes along making certain that all costs associated with your project are fair and straightforward.
When it comes to handling the file requirements of an insurance claim project many times homeowners are at a loss and are overwhelmed by it.
Key Experiences and Skills
- Licensed Independent Insurance Adjuster (Commonwealth of Kentucky)
- Xactimate Estimating Software Certified
- Certified FEMA Catastrophic Disaster Inspector
- Experienced with Hurricane Disaster Zones (Hurricane Sandy)
- 25 years of Property Management and Real Estate Accounting
- Certified Master Gardener (Commonwealth of Kentucky)
- Certified Notary Public (Commonwealth of Kentucky)
- Preparedness, Self-subsistence and Homesteading Researcher and Blogger
- Master of Insurance Claims Filing Requirements
Neil McComb, A.I.A., LEED AP
Head Architecture Consultant / Forensic Architect
Neil is a Registered Architect and holds a B. Arch, Professional Degree and M. Arch, Masters Professional Degree from the University of Kentucky and an Associate Architecture Degree-Miami University Oxford Ohio.
Neil has over 17 years of experience, including as a Principal Architect and as an Instructor of Architecture, and previously, many years in the Construction trades. Most recently, he has been working as a Contract Project Architect with on the biggest Architecture Firms in Lexington.
His experience includes: Architecture Design, Design Development, Coordination with Approving Agencies, Meeting Facilitation, Professional relationships with project Owners and Public entities involved with Capital Construction, Observation of Construction activities, Proposal writing and Teaching.
Key Experiences and Skills
- Consulting Architect, Principle on select projects
- Project Architect/Principle Architect
- Instructor of Architecture and Graduate Assistant
- Certificate: Licensed Architect, Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2002
- Certificate: NCARB, 2003
- Certificate: U.S. Green Building Council- LEED v2 Accredited Professional
- Member: American Institute of Architects
- Honors: Henry Adams Medal. Graduating top of class at UK
- Honors: Graduated Magna cum Laude, GPA: 3.85
- Initiated In: Tau Sigma Delta, Honor Society of Architecture
Garrad Johnson, B. Engineering (Biosystems)
Environmental Planning, Indoor Air Quality, Safety Consultant
When it comes to dealing with the Bio-Pollutants encountered during the restoration process it cannot be taken lightly. Garrad is methodical and analytical and outlines the safest and most efficient way to deal with the aftermath of disaster cleanup.
Garrad has worked alongside his father Hugh Johnson over the years and has many overall insights to lend for property damage reconstruction. He has assisted on projects as a laborer, carpenter and field engineer working as needed in all phases of the building restoration process.
Like his dad, he is also a graduate from the University of Kentucky. Garrad’sspecialty is in Biosystems Engineering which gives Jacobs Ladder an enormous advantage over other restoration contractor when dealing with the bio-pollutants.
Crazy about our
(Big Blue Nation)
We ARE Property Damage Restoration!
We LOVE new and challenging projects!
Quick response, multi-trade contracting experience, Architecture background, a Licensed Insurance Adjuster on staff, these are just some of the benefits we offer that set us apart from any other property restoration building contractor in Lexington, KY or the surrounding area!